MOSAIC WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS & COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
I run mosaic workshops for adults and I am qualified to teach adult learners (City & Guilds PTTLS). Mosaic workshops can be arranged to explore the direct and indirect methods of making mosaics using a variety of materials or tailor made to suite a given project. I have worked with regional art societies, disadvantaged parent-child groups, cancer patients, mental health clients, learning difficulty clients, community groups, corporate organisations and the general public.
As a qualified Community Artist (having trained with Artlink, Hull) I am available for consultation and facilitation of public community art projects. Projects include mosaic workshops and mosaic courses in schools, hospitals, museums, churches, art centres, galleries, children's centres and community centres.
I hold a clear Disclosure & Baring Service Enhanced Certificate (formerly CRB check) available for inspection and have a certificate in Safeguarding Children (Level 1).
If you would like to discuss a taught school session, mosaic workshop, community art project or corporate away day please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill in the 'contact' form or call 07929 884759.
NEXT MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
Create a high quality mosaic in one day during my mosaic workshops near York. Price £55 including all materials and refreshments (please bring lunch).
Learn how to design and create your own mosaics using the direct and indirect methods.
Select from a huge choice of materials and colours and be inspired by a large display of mosaics, books and resources.
You don't have to be able to draw to create mosaics! I provide many designs to choose from or you are very welcome to bring along your own design to fit a 22cm square base.
Design tips and guidance provided. Full instruction on cutting and laying tiles and grouting. Leave with a helpful handout on where to buy materials and which glue to use for your next project.
Friendly, fun and informal.
My mosaic workshops takes place at my home studio in Huttons Ambo, near York, North Yorkshire
(set in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - and overlooking the stunning Yorkshire Wolds).
(Saturday, 10.00-4.00 pm):
25 January 2020
8 February 2020
7 March 2020
4 April 2020
9 May 2020
13 June 2020
25 July 2020
5 September 2020
10 October 2020
14 November 2020
5 December 2020
BIRTHDAY, SPECIAL OCCASIONS, CORPORATE AWAY DAY MOSAIC WORKSHOP AND COURSES - VOUCHERS AVAILABLE
Leave wanting to do more with free advice on future possible projects (including lamps, tables, floors, vases etc). Books and resources, including websites, and sources of materials will be provided for reference.
Corporation away days have been provided for a range of organisations including Tescos, Halifax Building Society, North Yorkshire Building Control Partnership and Holbrook Dental Practice.
TO BOOK A PLACE CONTACT SUE
07929 884759 Email Sue Kershaw Mosaics or use the 'contact' form
I also regularly run mosaic workshops at Ripley Castle Courtyard
, Ripley. Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG3 3AY Price £70 including all materials
(Saturday 10.30-4.30 pm):
18 January 2020
22 February 2020
14 March 2020
18 April 2020
16 May 2020
21 June 2020
19 September 2020
31 October 2020
7 November 2020
To book a place see https://www.justmakers.co.uk/workshops.irc
It would be lovely to share my passion of mosaics with you!
COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
WHAT I DO
- Initiate mosaic projects within the community, source funding and complete projects
- Collaborate with organisations to facilitate and complete community mosaics
- Provide fun and educational mosaic workshops with a diverse range of client groups
- floor mosaic and sun dial with mental health clients in NHS Humber Centre hospital
- mosaic fountain and mosaic wall murals in a medium secure prison with prisoners
- wall mosaic with Macmillan cancer patients
- 3D mosaic toad in Hull
- mosaic respite workshops for young carers with Action for Children
- mosaic , creative writing and textile projects with Mind dementia clients
- mosaic mirrors with special needs children
- mosaic workshop with partially sighted children and adolescents with Action for Blind People
- church wall mosaic with the congregation to celebrate 50 years of the church's foundation in Christ Church, Heworth, York
- mosaic after school club with disadvantaged mothers and children
- children’s centres mosaic classes with children
- museum mosaic workshops with adults linking to Roman mosaic collection at Hull & East Riding museum
- exhibition of children’s mosaics at Ferens City Gallery, Hull & Artlink Centre for Community Arts
- school mosaic workshops
- mosaic workshops in craft centres & village halls
- Tour de France in Yorkshire wall mosaic
- and many, many more!
PARTNERS I HAVE COLLABORATED WITH:
- Arts Council
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- British Heart Foundation
- Architectural Research Centre
- Action for Blind People
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
- Action for Children
- Hospitals: York District Hospital, NHS Humber Centre, Scarborough Hospital, Bransholme South Health Centre, NHS Commissioning Group (Hull)
- Councils: York City Council, Hull City Council, Harrogate Council, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, East Riding of Yorkshire Council, Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council, Leeds City Council, Wakefield Council, Ryedale Council and many more
- Hull Museums
- Ferens City Gallery, Hull
- York University
- The Parks Children’s Centre, Hull
- Artlink Centre for Community Arts, Hull
- Rural Arts Community Centre
ADULT MOSAIC WORKSHOP TESTIMONIALS
• We had a lovely relaxing creative day learning how to mosaic. The day suited all abilities - you could be a safe or adventurous as you wanted. Everyone went home with a fabulous result. The day was enjoyable, relaxing, creative, fun, therapeutic, highly recommended.
• Sue was an inspiration. Most people had never made a mosaic before but it was also the relaxed and happy atmosphere that contributed to a most enjoyable 2 days.
• What a most wonderful experience. Working with others as a group and learning something new. Being part of something important and watching a piece of work grow from the start is both exciting and fulfilling.
• I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. The process was fascinating and creative; the colours, textures and designs were beautiful. It was great to be part of a team working on the large mosaic.
• Enjoyed it very much.
• Very enjoyable and fun
• Was planned very well indeed.
• Great fun – very relaxing.
• Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!
• Enjoyed every aspect especially being taught all the basics before starting the real thing. Would love to do as a hobby at home.
• Love it – love it – love it! Sense of achievement. Being part of a special group activity. Something tangible to reflect on.
• Really good fun.
• The teaching was extremely professional, patient and fun at the same time as informative.
• The teacher was very helpful and friendly.
• The teaching and everything else was great.
• Sue was so enthusiastic, knowledgeable and approachable.
• The teaching was done with great care and attention to individuals attending.
• Excellent facilitator – patient and calm.
• Excellent teaching and allocated time.
Check out my blog on Sue Kershaw, Mosaic Art
Mosaic Artist (York, North Yorkshire, UK)
Email Sue Kershaw Mosaics
Permission was sought and granted to use these photographs.