MOSAIC WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS & COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
I run mosaic workshops for adults and I am qualified to teach adult learners (City & Guilds PTTLS). Mosaic workshops can be arranged to explore the direct and indirect methods of making mosaics using a variety of materials or tailor made to suite a given project. I have worked with regional art societies, disadvantaged parent-child groups, cancer patients, mental health clients, learning difficulty clients, community groups and the general public.
As a qualified Community Artist (having trained with Artlink, Hull) I am available for consultation and facilitation of public community art projects. Projects include mosaic workshops and mosaic courses in schools, hospitals, museums, art centres, galleries, children's centres and community centres.
I hold a clear Disclosure & Baring Service Enhanced Certificate (formerly CRB check) available for inspection and have a certificate in Safeguarding Children (Level 1).
If you would like to discuss a taught school session, mosaic workshop or community art project please send an email using the 'contact' button or call 07929 884759.
NEXT MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
Add a signature piece to your home or garden by learning how to design and create your own mosaics using the direct method. Select from a large choice of materials and be inspired by the artist’s own mosaics, books and resources. Future projects will also be suggested (including lamps, tables, floors, vases etc).
I am now taking bookings for my one day introductory mosaic workshops at my home studio in Huttons Ambo, near York, North Yorkshire (set in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - and overlooking the stunning Yorkshire Wolds).
(Saturday, 10.00-4.00 pm):
26 August 2017
Create a mosaic plaque 22 cm x 22 cm (for indoor display) - Price £50 (including all materials, refreshments provided, please bring lunch).
Discover the materials and methods of making mosaics using the direct method while creating your own indoor mosaic. I will show examples of materials, explain the five steps of making a mosaic using the direct method and provide examples of my mosaics for illustration. Tips on suitable designs for mosaics and different mosaic styles will be discussed along with future possible projects. Books and resources, including websites, and sources of materials will be provided for reference.
I provide designs which you may use to create your mosaic or alternatively you may wish to bring along your own design to fit a 22 cm square base.
TO BOOK A PLACE CONTACT SUE
07929 884759 Email Sue Kershaw Mosaics or use the 'contact' form
MOSAIC WORKSHOP GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE
It would be lovely to share my passion of mosaics with you!
COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
WHAT I DO
- Initiate mosaic projects within the community, source funding and complete projects
- Collaborate with organisations to facilitate and complete community mosaics
- Provide fun and educational mosaic workshops with a diverse range of client groups
- a floor mosaic and sun dial with mental health clients in NHS Humber Centre hospital
- a mosaic fountain and mosaic wall murals in a medium secure prison with prisoners
- wall mosaic with Macmillan cancer patients
- 3D mosaic toad in Hull
- mosaic respite workshops for young carers with Action for Children
- mosaic , creative writing and textile projects with Mind dementia clients
- mosaic mirrors with special needs children
- mosaic workshop with partially sighted children and adolescents with Action for Blind People
- church wall mosaic with the congregation to celebrate 50 years of the church's foundation in Christ Church, Heworth, York
- mosaic after school club with disadvantaged mothers and children
- children’s centres mosaic classes with children
- museum mosaic workshops with adults linking to Roman mosaic collection at Hull & East Riding museum
- exhibition of children’s mosaics at Ferens City Gallery, Hull & Artlink Centre for Community Arts
- school mosaic workshops
- mosaic workshops in craft centres & village halls
- Tour de France in Yorkshire wall mosaic
PARTNERS I HAVE COLLABORATED WITH:
- Arts Council
- Heritage Lottery Fund
- British Heart Foundation
- Architectural Research Centre
- Action for Blind People
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
- Action for Children
- York City Council
- Hull City Council
- Harrogate Council
- Hull Museums
- Ferens City Gallery, Hull
- York University
- The Parks Children’s Centre, Hull
- Leeds City Council
- Wakefield City Council
- NHS Humber Hospital
- Artlink Centre for Community Arts, Hull
- York Hospital
- Scarborough Hospital
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
ADULT MOSAIC WORKSHOP TESTIMONIALS
• We had a lovely relaxing creative day learning how to mosaic. The day suited all abilities - you could be a safe or adventurous as you wanted. Everyone went home with a fabulous result. The day was enjoyable, relaxing, creative, fun, therapeutic, highly recommended.
• Sue was an inspiration. Most people had never made a mosaic before but it was also the relaxed and happy atmosphere that contributed to a most enjoyable 2 days.
• What a most wonderful experience. Working with others as a group and learning something new. Being part of something important and watching a piece of work grow from the start is both exciting and fulfilling.
• I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. The process was fascinating and creative; the colours, textures and designs were beautiful. It was great to be part of a team working on the large mosaic.
• Enjoyed it very much.
• Very enjoyable and fun
• Was planned very well indeed.
• Great fun – very relaxing.
• Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!
• Enjoyed every aspect especially being taught all the basics before starting the real thing. Would love to do as a hobby at home.
• Love it – love it – love it! Sense of achievement. Being part of a special group activity. Something tangible to reflect on.
• Really good fun.
• The teaching was extremely professional, patient and fun at the same time as informative.
• The teacher was very helpful and friendly.
• The teaching and everything else was great.
• Sue was so enthusiastic, knowledgeable and approachable.
• The teaching was done with great care and attention to individuals attending.
• Excellent facilitator – patient and calm.
• Excellent teaching and allocated time.
Check out my blog on Sue Kershaw, Mosaic Art
Mosaic Artist (York, North Yorkshire, UK)
Email Sue Kershaw Mosaics
Permission was sought and granted to use these photographs.