MOSAIC WORKSHOPS FOR ADULTS & COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
I run mosaic workshops for adults and I am qualified to teach adult learners (City & Guilds PTTLS). Mosaic workshops can be arranged to explore the direct and indirect methods of making mosaics using a variety of materials or tailor made to suite a given project. I have worked with regional art societies, disadvantaged parent-child groups, cancer patients, mental health clients, learning difficulty clients, community groups and the general public.
As a qualified Community Artist (having trained with Artlink, Hull) I am available for consultation and facilitation of public community art projects. Projects include mosaic workshops and mosaic courses in schools, hospitals, museums, art centres, galleries, children's centres and community centres.
I hold a clear Disclosure & Baring Service Enhanced Certificate (formerly CRB check) available for inspection and have a certificate in Safeguarding Children (Level 1).
If you would like to discuss a taught school session, mosaic workshop or community art project please send an email using the 'contact' button or call 07929 884759.
NEXT MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
Add a signature piece to your home or garden by learning how to design and create your own mosaics using the direct method. Select from a large choice of materials and be inspired by the artist’s own mosaics, books and resources. Future projects will also be suggested (including lamps, tables, floors, vases etc).
I am now taking bookings for my one day introductory mosaic workshops at my home studio in Huttons Ambo, near York, North Yorkshire (set in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - and overlooking the stunning Yorkshire Wolds).
DATES (Saturday, 10.00-4.00 pm):
26 May 2018
30 June 2018
21 July 2018
28 July 2018
8 September 2018 (at Rural Arts, 4 Westgate, Thirsk YO7 1QS, price per person £55)
Create a mosaic plaque 22 cm x 22 cm (for indoor display) - Price £50 (including all materials, refreshments provided, please bring lunch).
Discover the materials and methods of making mosaics using the direct method while creating your own indoor mosaic. I will show examples of materials, explain the five steps of making a mosaic using the direct method and provide examples of my mosaics for illustration. Tips on suitable designs for mosaics and different mosaic styles will be discussed along with future possible projects. Books and resources, including websites, and sources of materials will be provided for reference.
I provide designs which you may use to create your mosaic or alternatively you may wish to bring along your own design to fit a 22 cm square base.
It would be lovely to share my passion of mosaics with you!
COMMUNITY MOSAIC WORKSHOPS
WHAT I DO
Initiate mosaic projects within the community, source funding and complete projects
Collaborate with organisations to facilitate and complete community mosaics
Provide fun and educational mosaic workshops with a diverse range of client groups
a floor mosaic and sun dial with mental health clients in NHS Humber Centre hospital
a mosaic fountain and mosaic wall murals in a medium secure prison with prisoners
wall mosaic with Macmillan cancer patients
3D mosaic toad in Hull
mosaic respite workshops for young carers with Action for Children
mosaic , creative writing and textile projects with Mind dementia clients
mosaic mirrors with special needs children
mosaic workshop with partially sighted children and adolescents with Action for Blind People
church wall mosaic with the congregation to celebrate 50 years of the church's foundation in Christ Church, Heworth, York
mosaic after school club with disadvantaged mothers and children
children’s centres mosaic classes with children
museum mosaic workshops with adults linking to Roman mosaic collection at Hull & East Riding museum
exhibition of children’s mosaics at Ferens City Gallery, Hull & Artlink Centre for Community Arts
school mosaic workshops
mosaic workshops in craft centres & village halls
Tour de France in Yorkshire wall mosaic
PARTNERS I HAVE COLLABORATED WITH:
Heritage Lottery Fund
British Heart Foundation
Architectural Research Centre
Action for Blind People
Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
Action for Children
York City Council
Hull City Council
Ferens City Gallery, Hull
The Parks Children’s Centre, Hull
Leeds City Council
Wakefield City Council
NHS Humber Hospital
Artlink Centre for Community Arts, Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire Council
ADULT MOSAIC WORKSHOP TESTIMONIALS
• We had a lovely relaxing creative day learning how to mosaic. The day suited all abilities - you could be a safe or adventurous as you wanted. Everyone went home with a fabulous result. The day was enjoyable, relaxing, creative, fun, therapeutic, highly recommended.
• Sue was an inspiration. Most people had never made a mosaic before but it was also the relaxed and happy atmosphere that contributed to a most enjoyable 2 days.
• What a most wonderful experience. Working with others as a group and learning something new. Being part of something important and watching a piece of work grow from the start is both exciting and fulfilling.
• I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop. The process was fascinating and creative; the colours, textures and designs were beautiful. It was great to be part of a team working on the large mosaic.
• Enjoyed it very much.
• Very enjoyable and fun
• Was planned very well indeed.
• Great fun – very relaxing.
• Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!
• Enjoyed every aspect especially being taught all the basics before starting the real thing. Would love to do as a hobby at home.
• Love it – love it – love it! Sense of achievement. Being part of a special group activity. Something tangible to reflect on.
• Really good fun.
• The teaching was extremely professional, patient and fun at the same time as informative.
• The teacher was very helpful and friendly.
• The teaching and everything else was great.
• Sue was so enthusiastic, knowledgeable and approachable.
• The teaching was done with great care and attention to individuals attending.
• Excellent facilitator – patient and calm.
• Excellent teaching and allocated time.